Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Adventures at Bathtime

What an exciting night we had here on Sunday.  Brynn was in the bathtub around 7 o'clock and Mara wanted to color in the room with her.  Mara was sitting on the bench outside the tub with her coloring book and markers.  She decided to reach over to Brynn, but the tub was wet and she slipped and hit her face off the tub edge.  Brynn screamed, "Mom! Mom! There is blood everywhere!"  
Well, the end result was three bottom teeth that went through her bottom lip - all the way through-...gross!  I took her to the emergency room for six stitches.  But the funniest part was, while they were numbing her lip up and getting ready to stitch her up, I passed out.  poor Mara cried even more, but I woke up a few seconds later.  I was totally embarrassed.  After they stitched her up, they laid her down on the stretcher I was on.  
She stayed home from school Monday but went back to school today.  She made it through most of the day but was hurting  so I picked her up early.




Here she is with the stitches


You can see her bottom lip is a little swollen here. The night before it was twice this size.

No comments: